HOMES: MOVING IN/OUT, BUYING, SELLING, LEASING
Sentry Management will direct you in the right direction and take care of connecting you with the McGill Board, closings, leasing, certificates of insurance for mortgage companies, all that.
More granular information in dropdowns below:
(ABOVE) Various views of McGill Place Residences.
- New Resident Orientation-$25 gift card for attending a live session!
- SeeClickFix is your one stop shop for all things “330 McGill,” including parking decal procurement, mailbox keys, gate access devices, pest control, and exterior maintenance, moving pods, U-Box permissions ect.
- Moving Boxes: Flatten, break them down and put in the community recycling bins.
- Remodeling, Porch & Window Treatments: See Architectural Standards
- Available Internet Services: Xfinity, T-Mobile and Verizon
- What you need to know legally.
- The community is certified for both VA and FHA loans.
- 2 Pets
- Vehicles: 2 parking decals come with each home, (1 designated spot and 1 guest spot). Guests can get temporary guest passes. Remote gate opener is $35.00, fob is $10.00.
- Amenities: Pool, electric car charging station, expansive dog-friendly grounds, soon-to-be-dog park, tree canopy that lowers the microclimate temperature and air-conditioning bills, re-cycling area (see rules).
- What you need to know about selling Georgia residential property.
- You or your realtor may order closing documents from Sentry Management: https://www.sentrymgt.com/order-closing-documents/ and Sentry can answer the following questions:
- How and when in the process do I obtain a closing letter? Is there a fee?
- Are there any transfer, initiation, or administrative fees?
- Are there any other fees or items I need to complete with Sentry/HOA before the closing date?
- I am listing Sentry Management as the point of contact on the legal documents. Is that appropriate or should I list a member of the Board of Directors?
- Open houses can be scheduled through the board and Sentry Management to allow the gates to be left open at designated times.
- Create a Real Estate Disclosure from a standard e-form.
- Get on the rental list (80% of homes are owner-occupied). After your unit is approved to lease here are Guidelines to follow:
- Renter’s – Contact Sentry to know if your landlord is authorized to rent.
- Landlord’s – Contact Sentry to get your leases board approved by the board.
- Use a lease form for Residential Property as from Georgia Realtors with the following addition:
- A. Compliance with Declaration, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations. Lessee agrees to abide and comply with all provisions of the Declaration, Bylaws, and rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto. Owner agrees to cause all occupants of his or her Unit to comply with the Declaration, Bylaws, and the rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto and is responsible for all violations and losses caused by such occupants, notwithstanding the fact that such occupants of the Unit are fully liable and may be sanctioned for any violation of the Declaration, Bylaws, and rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto.In the event that the lessee or a person living with the lessee violates the Declaration, Bylaws, or a rule or regulation for which a fine is imposed, such fine shall be assessed against the lessee; provided, however, if the fine is not paid by the lessee within the time period set by the Board of Directors, the Owner shall pay the fine upon notice from the Association of the lessee’s failure to pay the fine. Any lessee charged with a violation of the Declaration, Bylaws, or rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto is entitled to the same procedure to which an Owner is entitled prior to the imposition of a fine or other sanction.Any violation of the Declaration, Bylaws, or rules and regulations adopted pursuant thereto is deemed to be a violation of the terms of the lease and authorizes the Owner to terminate the lease without liability and to evict the lessee in accordance with Georgia law. The Owner hereby delegates and assigns to 330 McGill Place Condominium Association, Inc., acting through the Board, the power and authority to evict the lessee on behalf of and for the benefit of the Owner, in accordance with the terms hereof. In the event the Association proceeds to evict the lessee, any costs, including attorney’s fees and court costs, associated with the eviction shall be specially assessed against the Unit and the Owner thereof, such being deemed hereby as an expense which benefits the leased Unit and the Owner thereof.
- B. Use of Common Elements. The Owner transfers and assigns to the lessee, for the term of the lease, any and all rights and privileges that the Owner has to use the Common Elements of the Condominium, including, but not limited to, the use of any and all recreational facilities and other amenities.
- C. Liability for Assessments. When a Unit Owner who is leasing his or her Unit fails to pay any annual or special assessment or any other charge for a period of more than thirty (30) days after it is due and payable, then the delinquent Owner hereby consents to the assignment of any rent received from the lessee during the period of delinquency, and, upon request by the Board of Directors, lessee shall pay to the Association all unpaid annual and special assessments and other charges payable during and prior to the term of the lease and any other period of occupancy by lessee. However, lessee need not make such payments to the Association in excess of, or prior to the due dates for, monthly rental payments unpaid at the time of the Board’s request. All such payments made by lessee shall reduce, by the same amount, lessee’s obligation to make monthly rental payments to lessor. If lessee fails to comply with the Board’s request to pay assessments or other charges, lessee shall pay to the Association all amounts authorized under Section 10 herein as if lessee were an Owner. The above provision shall not be construed to release the Owner from any obligation, including the obligation for assessments, for which he or she would otherwise be responsible.